1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help diagnosing P261B + P0A0F codes

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by scooter2023, Oct 26, 2023.

1. scooter2023

scooter2023 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was driving home the other day and had a check hybrid system + CEL warning pop up. Lost most of power but was able to limp slowly home the last half mile.

I bought an OBD2 reader which had the following codes.P261B and P0A0F. I checked the coolant tank and the level was below the "minimum" line, so I topped off to full with some OEM SLLC coolant from the local dealership.

I started up the car in maintenance mode and idled for a minute or two with no issues, though I cut it off before seeing what temperature the coolant would top off at on idle.

I re-ran the diagnostics and it now shows P261B (inactive) and P0A0F appears to still be active. Is there any next step I should take, or should I turn on the car and drive slowly around the neighborhood a bit? I didn't want to keep starting the car on and off out or driving it a bit out of an abundance of caution, but I'm not sure what the next steps are since P261B seems to have resolved itself.