1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Electrical issue?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Alex13ann, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Alex13ann

Alex13ann New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello all! I drive a 2008 Prius. On 2 occasions the screen that displays the speedometer has gone black on my Prius. Everything else still works fine except the cruise control does not work when the screen goes black. Other screen still functions! I do not know the cause for this. Any advice?

When the fuses are checked, they are fine, but right after they get checked the screen comes back on and everything works again!

Any help is supper appreciated! This car needs to last me through veterinary school!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

1) check your 12v health.

2) you may need a new combo meter.

SFO likes this.
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    pretty common issue. use search forums up top. Use the phrase

combo meter

Hundreds of posts. That speedometer assembly is referred to as the combination meter. It must be removed and some electronic parts replaced. There's well know posters on this site who offer this repair service you ship the module to them and alot of ebay listings on it too. $100 seems to be the going rate for repair. Repair is better as it the current mileage is stored on that assy. If you buy another module as opposed to getting yours repaired it may have a dramatically different mileage stored on it. Some repairers can change the mileage also on a repaired unit.

Repair is difficult as your car is down till you get the module back.

4. greasemonkey007

greasemonkey007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What part of Louisiana are you in? I can order you a combo meter with your car's mileage and a lifetime warranty, and install it if you need me to. Or you can buy it and install it yourself if you're able to remove the dash.

Andyprius1 likes this.
  5. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    End of story