1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help!!! Had to fix hybrid battery pack again now faced with new challenge!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Parrish21r, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Parrish21r

Parrish21r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok so since we bought our Prius last year I've had to replace 3 cell blocks and I've recently invested in the Venice hybrid tech grid charger. Well this time I took the battery just as I've done many other times, replaced a bad cell in cell block 3, cleaned all the copper connected, and then put the the pack back together. After balancing it out it was reading better than ever! So I put the pack back into the car carefully and plugged in all the wires from the harness and then the the two red cables that are towards the front of the car going back out to the generator up front. Only thing that has happened any different was the 12v battery died thanks to my "help" not properly closing the trunk. Charged the 12v back up. When I open the door the ignition ding is dinging away like there is a key in it. (But there's not) on the battery pack end the two cables out have a reading of 0v(attached is pictures of what I'm talking about). The main breaker/fuse for the pack is properly engaged. Any ideas on what I'm dealing with? Car will not crank or go into ready mode. It also is flashing a car with a key in it and the p,d,r,n,b light flashes repeatedly. My computer will not read it at all using tech stream. Any ideas guys? Please I'm in desperate need as this is our only vehicle.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

DMC-5180 likes this.
  2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you sure?
    Prius Saftey Interlock.jpg

3. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Try rebooting by disconnecting the 12V and reconnecting.
    I have tried rebooting by switching from ski boots to snow board boots and it has never helped :(