1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP -- how do I view this log on my computer?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Stevewoods, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a windows 10 computer. Running Microsoft stuff, of course--- but I also have working Adobe Acrobat -- so take that Mendel!! :p:p

I need to look at my MS Safety Scanner log. To do this I must find:

%SYSTEMROOT%\debug\msert.log.

I would much rather rebuild a carb on a '62 Ford Falcon....Whadda I do?

Problem solved -- see my post -- the third post in this thread-- below

#1 Stevewoods, Jul 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    What happens when you right click; is there an option to open? Maybe simply a text file, try notepad? (Does notepad still exist; I'm using TextPad).

I got a curt email from Adobe, "think" my serial no's have been reinstated. :rolleyes:

Stevewoods likes this.
  3. Stevewoods

Stevewoods Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ALL IS WELL -- I found the log and no problems. I just had to put it in the search computer box. I KNEW that but my mind was not working well as I contemplated all my retirement money on its way to Singapore.

So, I had some weird thing happen, I received two text messages on my cell -- each from Fidelity investments and each a code number -- part of the two-step verification they use when you log into your account online -- meaning type in user name and password and hit send and Fidelity then sends a text msg to my phone with a code to access account.

Got two codes this morning. But have not tried to access my account for a week or so....

Worried, I called Fidelity and while waiting, started to scan my computer for virus/keyloggers. One program I used was MS Safety Scanner. It scanned, but while going through a bunch of steps with Fidelity (and their phone people are terrific) I managed to close safety scanner before seeing the results -- now I have to find the file above to see what it may have found. I could run it again, but it takes a couple of hours....

BTW,the Fidelity problem was weird -- turns out those texts had been sent to me a week ago when I WAS accessing my account. Somehow, they showed up on my phone again this morning---

All MS says is to see the safety scan results look at the log, but I don't know how to do that. Opening the program just starts another scan.

#3 Stevewoods, Jul 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2024