1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP!! I am confused trying to find a 2008 Prius touring.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sluday, Apr 30, 2008.

1. sluday

sluday New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was under the impression that a Prius w/ package 5 or 6 was only available in touring edition. When I went to to the dealer last week I said I wanted a Prius w/ package 5 and he pulled one out and I test drove it. I glanced at the sticker but I don't remember if it said touring. I also do not recall if the car had 16" wheels and sport tuned suspension. Does Toyota make package 5 and 6 non-touring edition? The car I want is a touring edition package 5. Will the sticker say touring edition? Is there something on the vin number to let me know if it is a touring edition? My local dealer told me today that he a two package 5 in transit and will arrive in a week. Is it possible that one or both of these is the non-touring model? I live in New Jersey if it makes any difference.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The same options are available in non-touring models. The touring package has larger wheels, tighter suspension, and a slightly bigger spoiler. Touring models should be labeled as such.

Tom

3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's ok to be confused. it's a sign of adulthood! :kev:

4. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm glad someone else is confused about the different Prius. I just bought a 2008, and wonder should I have waited for the 2009?

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You probably drove a Base/Standard Prius because I doubt dealers in New Jersey have any Touring Editions left and I think it's no longer available on the Prius Build Your Own site for New Jersey zip codes.

Do you remember what the wheels looked like? That's the easiest way to distinguish a Base/Standard Prius from the Touring Edition at the Package 5 level.

Below is a link to the Prius website. You can see the two different styled wheels. The lead photo is of a Base/Standard Prius and its 6 spoke wheels. In the photo gallery section of the website you can find pictures of the Touring Edition and its 7 spoke wheels.

Hybrid Prius – 2008 Toyota Prius Hybrid Car Site