1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! I think I broke my homelink

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chikat, Jun 18, 2009.

1. chikat

chikat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Help,

I finally attempted to connect the Homelink feature in my new '09 prius to my old Raynor garage door opener. I followed the instructions - even went to the homelink website to no avail.

In the process, I think I broke the Homelink since one the 2 lights (not the on/off light) is no longer lit. I am aware that the 1st light is turned on and off when I hit the "O" or "I" buttons. Its the 2nd light that I can't turn back on - no matter which button I hit.

Does anyone know if this 2nd light should be always lit or why it would turned off?

2. hellzno

hellzno Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The I/O correspond to the auto-dimming feature of the mirror! (I being on/O being off)!

The 3 remaining buttons are the homelink buttons. You can program them by holding both the remote as well as the button for your homelink. Hold the homelink button and your remote for around 20 seconds (should flash a few times or something) and voila, its been programmed.

Edit: I hope that clarifys it a little, I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.

3. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The programming method varies according to your garage door opener. Mine requires me to push a button on the opener body and then press one of the homelink buttons. AFAIK I didn't need to use another opener.