1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help... In Phoenix looking for Prius!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by bennygoodx, Jun 8, 2008.

1. bennygoodx

bennygoodx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi guys. I'm new to this forum. Looks very helpful.

Seems all of the dealers around here want premiums on top of msrp. I think it should be criminal...

Regardless, all I want is a new Prius. I'd love to get some direction from some people in this forum: person to call, dealership, etc.

Thanks so much!

2. minkforce1

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    im wondering if i was one of the last few people to get the prius before dealers went loan-shark on everyone with these premiums

3. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    IMHO the dealers selling over MSRP are very short sighted. In a couple of years they will no longer be the only game in town. Honda and Nissan (and maybe Ford and GM) will have their own cars competing directly with the Prius. Today's buyers will remember the way they were treated by the Toyota dealers when it comes time to trade.

As for recommendations keep looking on the internet for dealers around you or within a distance you are willing to travel. There still seems to be a lot of new Prius owners who have gotten their cars at MSRP recently.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Widen your search.

If worse comes to worse, you can get one from out of state.

Kearny Mesa Toyota in San Diego will not mark up over MSRP or force add ons. Ask for Howard Sheehy, internet manager.

Kearny Mesa Toyota,
    4910 Kearny Mesa Road,
    San Diego, CA 92111

1-858-279-8151

Howard's cell: 858-335-5815,
    email: [email protected]

5. bennygoodx

bennygoodx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks, guys. I'm going to keep grinding. I never knew it would be soo hard to buy such a sensible and humble vehicle.

If anyone else has ideas, or names, please feel free to chime in.

Ben

6. zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I went to http://www.bellroadtoyota.com/ and that guy was a jerk. He's like, we throw $5000 dollars on the price and then sell them. I was like, well what about special ordering. He's says: Toyota doesn't do special ordering at all. It wouldn't be fair to other customers. Company wide policy. He's like if you want to save gas, how about a Yaris. I said, bye, have a good day.

So what do you think, 35,000 for a Touring package 6 too much? I think so.

7. bennygoodx

bennygoodx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    WOW. That's the same story I'm getting around here. I just can't believe it...

8. zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm thinking it might be easier (and cheaper) to find one in an area that doesn't have the traffic like Phoenix. I'm going to check at Roswell, New Mexico and see, as that is where I used to live and can get on there w/o too much trouble. I'm thinking its kinda rural, has a population of 45,000, never bumper to bumper traffic like Phoenix.

9. ranchogirl

ranchogirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just called this dealership today and they told me that they add on the protective paint coat, scotch guard, and something else I can't remember, for $695+$695+$695 for a "required" $2100 markup.

10. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Dealers in the Denver Metro area charge straight MSRP, no markup. I picked up my 2008 Touring package 6, 2 weeks ago after a 10 day wait from Ehrlich Toyota in Greeley. Travis took care of me, nice guy. (Replaced my totaled 07) Just got lucky and they had one in the pipeline.

11. ranchogirl

ranchogirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I also just e-mailed and the e-mail was returned - how long ago was your purchase?

12. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try Mossy, i would have gotten one through them had i not found this newspaper ad from Bob Baker

13. jstack

jstack New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Now pump prices are down a little it may be easier. The 2010 model will be out in Jan 09 and gets 30% better mpg. Don't worry no matter what you pay it's worth it since they hold their value and even go up.
    I've had friend tell me they got full price they paid when trading for a new one, even after they had it 3 years. You can't beat that with any other vehicle !

14. 08 mag grey

08 mag grey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Tucson is only about 110 miles away and when I ordered my Prius from Precision Toyota they were $475 over msrp. They are the largest Prius dealer in the Colorado region, which includes Phoenix.