1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help Installing a JBL MS-8

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by walamoonbeam, Apr 27, 2012.

1. walamoonbeam

walamoonbeam New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius with the nav system, which came with the JBL premium speakers.

I wanted to get more headroom along with a better soundstage on the budget of $500, so the good people over at DIYMobileAudio suggested I get the JBL MS-8, which should be capable of a higher RMS wattage, and has all the DSP stuff I need for time alignment for a nice wide soundstage.

Before I dive in and pay $500+ for it, I want to know how I should get the sound into the MS-8. Is there an adapter to take the pre-amp signal from the head-unit without cutting the wires? If not, is there an adapter to take the speaker level outputs and turn them into bare wires without cutting the connectors off? I will eventually want to sell the prius, so I want to be able to turn it back to stock without having to splice all the wires back.

Thanks in advanced!

lensovet likes this.
  2. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hate to drag up an old thread, but try Googling SOT-911. It's sold in the UK as a T-harness for Bluetooth add-ons. However, over there, they plug in at the amp, and here in the USA, we like to connect behind the radio. Lol.