1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP: Irritating noise coming from driver side-brake area?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marpet, Aug 3, 2011.

1. marpet

marpet New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just purchased 2009 Prius in June. I mentioned to Toyota that there was a noise coming from the driver side...perhaps the brake area. We test drove car again another day...no noise. I bought the car. Now the noise doesn't stop. And they say there is nothing to fix. It's part of a hybrid.

To clarify...I am not speaking of the noise when it shifts from battery to engine. Not that.

It seems to be coming from the brake/accelerator area. But now someone mentioned to check out the stability safety-steering system.

I am at my wits end. Toyota has been useless in this whole process. They told me to turn up my radio. Unbelievable!

Please...I know there are people out there who have or are experiencing this...please offer me some advice of how to get this problem corrected.

I am also in touch with a lemon law attorney.

Thank you!

2. billnchristy

billnchristy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    A little quick to jump on the lawyer train aren't we?

Can you lemon law a used car?

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This noise, could it be the hydraulic brake accumulator pump? A kind of ratchety-sound that last for one to a few seconds? Triggered most often when you hit some bumps in the road while braking? If so, that is normal.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What does it sound like, and when does it happen? It's most likely one of the several noises which are normal for a Prius and don't exist in a conventional drive car.