1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! It's Posessed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kdmorse, Jan 31, 2006.

1. kdmorse

kdmorse Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just drove my new Black 06 #7 off the lot today. Instead of driving right back to work (0.3 miles, for the worlds shortest first drive), I drove around a bit along the roads I most often travel.

Having no time yet to read the manual, and not having a good "touch-sense" of where everything is, I played very little with the electronics. I was just trying to get used to the feel (very different feel) of my new Prius.

However, my Prius had different ideas, it wanted to go somewhere! I'm not quite sure where, but it damn sure had a destination in mind. Every turn it dinged and politely told me to make a u-turn (not just any u-turn, a legal u-turn :)), then it wanted to go left, then it wanted to go right. I flipped to the map screen and could easily tell where I was - but couldn't tell where it wanted to go, or how to cancel the trip. (I have a funny feeling someone at the dealership played around with it, and set the dealership as the next destination - it would explain most of the u-turns and other directions).

I'll get to the Nav manual - but it's at the bottom of the list, both of toys, and manuals. (Gotta get to the radio first) - until then - can someone give me quick directions on how to cancel the audio guidance? The nav screen is covered in little symbols - no words - and pressing a symbol just brings up more symbols!

(It's no different than my world. Putting errors in English would be unfair to the rest of the world, so we use universal symbols that confuse everyone equally :))

Thanks,

-Ken

2. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    It should be similar to my '05

Hit the "menu" button near the MFD and choose "Suspend guidance"

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Can you take pics of the symbols and post them? I happen to have a friend visiting who is a symbologist, a la The Da Vinci Code . :)

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

in case the symbols don't provide any conceivable reading, don't forget about resorting to Prius Special Edition Tarot Cards :D