1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me choose a bike rack

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Martso, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Martso

Martso New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've got my Curt Hitch installed on my Prius IV and now have to choose a bike rack. I've narrowed it down to the Saris Thelma 2, The Kuat Beta and the Thule Helium 2 Bike Rack. Any thoughts on these three from personal experience? On one site I read that for the Thelma to fold up the hitch must be flush with the bumper. The Curt Hitch is not so that might be a deciding factor if it really doesn't fold. Anybody have the Thelma with a Curt? I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

2. KenzoTH

KenzoTH Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Martso,

I have the Curt receiver and the Kuat Beta rack which I like a lot. The Beta is only a bit over 10 lbs! The Thule Helium is heavier than the Kuat. The Thelma looks nice, but if you are concerned about weight, the two bike Kuat is the lightest as far as I can tell from various sales and Mfg's sites. Two bikes work well on the Kuat, although I won't put my carbon (shaped-tube) track bike on it- only round/oval tube bikes I own. I hope this helps. Search Thelma rack- someone on this site mentioned that rack several times on another thread.

1 person likes this.
  3. r_egan

r_egan Junior Member

I have a Thelma 3 and it is really a great rack, I would highly recommend it.

1 person likes this.