1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me find my car

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by camire, Apr 11, 2012.

1. camire

camire New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys,

This is my first post. I want to buy a Prius c One or Prius c Two (blue, silver or habanero), but I'm having a heck of a time finding one. I've been checking inventory at dealerships as far as 75 miles away from my home outside of Boston, but most of them only have one or two Prius c's in stock, and they are usually the more expensive models or the wrong color. Does anyone have any tips on how I can find the Prius c I want. I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!

2. Brerkev

Brerkev New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I would recommend going to your local dealership to see if they have any that have been allocated to them, but haven't arrived yet. The alternative, if you know which one you want, they should be able to place an order for you. Could take up to 6-8 weeks. At least that is what my dealer told me in Wisconsin.

3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I saw lots of them at the dealership in Sunnyvale, CA. So maybe the East Coast deers need another week or two. The Habanero colored ones were not attractive, in my opinion. Don't buy that color unless you see it and you really like it.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I went through a business that locates and purchases the car for you. They were able to reserve the exact one I wanted while it was on a boat on its way to a dealership. Perhaps there's something like that near you? (If that's a service you're interested in--I found it wonderful not dealing with all the negotiation, but some people thrive on it).

5. j_benj

j_benj Prius C Fan

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm in Jersey and the dealer I bought mine from had 6 in their initial allocation. mostly ones and twos. I bought the only three they had. the sales guy said there were more coming but it was going to be in drips and drabs for a while (one here, one there).

6. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I have been searching too and I know there were some one's in Columbus Oh. Is that too far?

7. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    ask all the dealer to check the coming PC they have. usually they will have the list for the vehicle that is coming from Japan or on the ship. then you can reserve the vehicle.

8. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just stopped at my dealer for my registration and they had a Habanero 2 or 3. I only saw the steel wheels and didn't look at the sticker. Johnston' s Toyota in New Hampton, NY. Just checked Google maps, it's about 220 miles from Boston.