1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me mod my prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Darwin23, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Darwin23

Darwin23 New Member

I've had my barcelona red prius #3 for almost a week now. Been lurking around this forum and I this is where i got the ideas for my prius add ons. So far this is what i've added to it:

-garmin 2610 gps
    -scotchgard 3M paint protect
    -GT covers black waterproof seat covers
    -35% tint all the way around
    -MetroPN side mouldings
    -mud flaps
    -stubby antenna

Any more ideas of what to add to the prius? I'm thinking fog lights and the BT stiff plate? How bout the EV switch? I live in Los Angeles so block heater is not really needed. What else can I add? Help me with links to online stores and instructions. thanks priuschatters.

2. slortz

slortz New Member

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Your mods seem to favor techie toys, which is good; I added a Garmin GPS I can use in the airplanes I teach in as well as the Prius. Other mods on the non-techy side include throw pillows for the back seat in a complimentary color; a flower vase that can be inserted into the front cup holder; floor lighting that can be pretty easily installed (the male side of velcro sticks nicely to the carpeting). These mods "soften" the somewhat spaceship robotic look of the Prius interior, but might not suit your taste.

I also added (two) additional sets of relatively inexpensive carpet texture floor mats in a complimentary color to cover the OEM optional mat set. I bought two sets of floor mats (about 20 bucks per set) and used the two driver's side mats (with the rubber foot rests) for the front seats and the two passenger side mats for the rear. The four little rear seat mats I used in the trunk for odds and ends. They are handy to kneel on if you have to change a tire or check the pressure in your tires. One of the little mats I used to cover the center console, using thin elastic cords to hold it in place.

Bob

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Some have removed the plastic rims around the wheels to get a better look. Nice and cheap,

5. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

6. Darwin23

Darwin23 New Member

On my first week last Friday. I added a fog light mod to look like OEM fog lights and I ordered the coastal tech EV. I still feel theres more mods to do to make my car the way i want it. I'm almost sold on the stiffening plates. I'm also looking for some kind of a car air purifier or something to make the air cleaner inside.

7. cdweller0

cdweller0 New Member

I really like this little guy: http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/...s/sku__SI629BLK . I thought it was a little pricey for what it is at first, but it works great.