1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me pick out a HU for my 2010 prius 3.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by josharmour, Oct 11, 2009.

1. josharmour

josharmour Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just traded in my 2008 Prius package 6 for a 2010 prius 3 without Nav. Why? Because I don't need Nav. I work in the cellular industry and I just want bluetooth handsfree plus bluetooth streaming. My cellular phone will be the NAV unit.

So I have read some threads about replacing the HU of a prius 2. I am hoping that someone has replaced there prius 3 with a unit that streams bluetooth and all the steering controls work.

So I want to be able to answer a call, volume up and down, hang up, change sources from steering wheel.

I have the jbl stereo but no Nav.

Ok so is there anyone out there that has done this?

2. josharmour

josharmour Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Maybe something like this.

Clarion FZ709

Along with the steering wheel adapter.

But then I wonder, can I set this receiver to use my internal mic that toyota put above the windshield?

3. Jayhawker

Jayhawker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would look into a Kenwood DNX 9140. I love mine. It pretty much has everything you will need.

4. josharmour

josharmour Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Jay, does this work with your steering wheel controls? What about the talk button (voice control button)?

5. mblue99

mblue99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am looking at the Eclipse AVN726E (once the double DIN dash piece is available in the US). Looks like you need a converter for the steering wheel controls and an adapter to go to the JBL amp (planning on leaving the amp).

6. josharmour

josharmour Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I went by car toys and this is what they suggested.

Pioneer DEHP710BT (this utilizes voice dialing so the button on the steering wheel will work)

The issue is that it has a proprietary bluetooth microphone so I cant just use the mic that is already in the car. Bummer.

Also they want me to pay a couple hundred dollars to custom fabricate the plastic around the single din receiver as they say there isnt one available. What have people used here?

7. leeb18c

leeb18c Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll probably end up getting a Pioneer x910bt. It's much improved from previous F series. I already have Kenwood DNX8120 in the family SUV and really miss the volume dial.

8. josharmour

josharmour Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III