1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me understand my Hybrid Assistant battery health report

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MB31, Aug 11, 2024 at 3:59 PM.

1. MB31

MB31 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Today I ran a battery health report using the Hybrid Assistant app for Android. I followed the instructions but find it difficult to draw any conclusions from the report.

The report mentions that "high delta values suggest a weary battery" but what is high?

See my screenshots of the report attached. Who can tell me the status of my battery? Is it ok?

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Although it's been a while since I've performed a battery check with hybrid assistant, there's nothing about your graphs that jump out to me as a problem. During the discharge, all 14 blocks appear to stay relatively close to one another. Typically, a weak module will cause one block voltage to droop significantly lower than the others. Your spread looks pretty tight. Your battery may respond well to something like a Prolong treatment, but at first glance, I would have no immediate worries about your battery.

See post 5 in this thread for a battery I tested that had a weak module.

Just Another HV Battery Thread and Experiments | PriusChat