1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Middle of Sirius Install - SCC1 and TOY-SC1

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by AdamKPL, May 16, 2008.

1. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I have the dash apart in my 08 touring with JBL. Hooked up the wire to the TOY-SC1 and that to the SCC1, the SCC1 from best buy and the SC1 from ebay. I plugged it in and whalla switched to Sat mode and saw channels and it said loading or something...than all the sudden the radio froze. i turned off the car and back on and the toyota screen was all that was on there. turned off and on again and this time i press am numerous times and nothing works. tried unplugging and plugging in, nothing! I'm going on a trip Monday and I cant find any place with these parts i can walk in and buy, please advise!

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    How much of your dash did you take apart? All that is necessary is lower glovebox removal and right center vent removal.
    Should have been a simple install.
    With the problems you've described, I'd remove all the Sirius stuff and begin making sure the factory radio still works right. If so, check your fuse on the Toy-sc1, and start over again. Did you plug the translator harness into the right place on the radio.?
    Check all your fuses if the facory radio acts up. Did you disconnect the 12v battery before beginning work? Is you 12v battery run down?

3. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I only took apart the glove box and vent - which seemed like a lot when I was doing it int he driveway late at night lol.

None the less I did not unplug the battery while doing work and everything aside from the satellite works perfect. The fuse in the sc1 seems good.

as far as plugging it into the right place, well im assuming so since it snapped in and was fairly hard to remove.

Are these things prone to go bad maybe? (SCC1 or SC1)

4. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've read your post numerous times and finally figured out what it says...

So, you pressed the AM/SAT button on the radio numerous times......
    and got nothing.
    I've had my unit act like this once.....

Ok this should fix things.........ensure everything is plugged in properly, remove the fuse from the TOY-SC1 and let everrthing sit powered off, including the car for 30 min. Replace fuse. Turn on car and all should work. Give it a try.

5. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    YOU ROCK!!!! :rockon:

I just tried your method and it worked? Seriously at first I was like what is this person talking about, that wouldn't work since I've unplugged it a dozen time...IT WORKED

beer on me next time im in GA

6. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    oh no i spoke too soon, it's doing the same thing...tried unplugging, fuse, etc...nothing

any other tips?

theres a place around here that has the sc1's in stock but they are 115 and no returns so dont wanna get stuck with 2 of these if something else is the problem

do the 12/16 chare and scrolling/not scrolling have to be set to anything in particular? i tried a few combinations with no luck

7. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    At this point, I'd send it back and get a replacement.
    Sorry

8. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yah I ordered a replacement, it's coming in Friday via. UPS, I'm leaving Friday 5am for my first long 1400 mile trip to Detroit :( Wont get it until I get back

9. Mobius570

Mobius570 New Member

I'm having the same issue, did your replacement fix your issue? My replacement will be here tomorrow so I'm hoping it works.

10. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Try unplugging the SCC1. With only the TOY-SC1 attached, it should still go into the satellite screens. There will be a message at the top saying "NO RADIO" or something similar. If you can't get this far, the TOY-SC1 (or the cable) is bad.

11. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    my toy sc1 was the bad part, replacement fixed it

12. Mobius570

Mobius570 New Member

I received the replacement unit today and immediately connected the new TOY-SC1. That did the trick, mine too was the TOY unit.