1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help my baby!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Keetercats, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Keetercats

Keetercats New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2008 girl has 115k miles of getting beat up in the south FL sun. I have lights going out all over had 1 replaced @ dealer last year over $250 so won't be doing that again. Can any repair shop replace head/tail lights? I hear it is labor intensive not sure where to go. Just had a flat repaired @ pep boys they wouldn't do it.

And the other day my air just shut off while I was driving, can't deal with that in FL. Not sure what she needs. I do regular oil changes, tire rotation and replace cabin filter. Otherwise no idea what service she needs to keep going, any ideas or recs I'm low on funds but want to keep her going!

Are any of those things you can by @ the auto stores good, like a tune up in a bottle or a/c recharge? Thanks much

2. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You can replace the tail lights yourself, the head lights are a little tricky though. As far as tune up in a bottle goes, I wouldn't put anything aside from Chevron Techron concentrate in it. As for the A/C recharge goes, the wrong one could make your engine shut off as soon as you turn the A/C on and be very expensive to repair afterwards. It is very important that anyone repairing a Prius A/C system be very familiar with them as quite a bit of damage can be done if they are treated like a conventional A/C system.

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check your inverter coolant pump. Especially if the A/C suddenly begins working again after it's cooled down, as it's then very likely to be the cause.