1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! My car won't start!

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by el Crucero, Mar 28, 2019.

1. el Crucero

el Crucero Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My wife came into the bedroom early this morning and said, "HELP! My car won't start!" She was on her way to the grocery store for an early morning forage. She said HER Tesla was dead. I said it was fine last night after I drove to the dog park and then put it to bed. I went into the garage to see what the problem was. Sure enough the car wouldn't respond to her smartphone, even to unlock the door. I pulled out my key card to diagnose the problem and the car lit up with a big smile on the U.I. screen. "Well," I said. "the car is fine but there is a problem with your phone, Did you accidentally change any of the settings?" She said no. I took a closer look at her phone and noticed that Bluetooth had been turned off. The car and phone communicate with each other over Bluetooth. I turned Bluetooth back on the phone and the car lit up again, ready for a new day with a full tank of electrons. Problem solved.

I then noticed that the Android system on the phone had updated during the night and Bluetooth had been disabled and didn't turn back on when it rebooted. So I had to turn it back on manually. Lesson learned!

john1701a likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my wife, and i'm worse. trump is right