1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! My nav system thinks that I am in KY...

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Ryan in DC, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Ryan in DC

Ryan in DC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I just picked up my new Prius c three yesterday and it doesn't seem that the GPS signal is making it to my car - is there a way to toggle the radio on and off or does anyone know more about this issue?

For the record, I am in DC, not Kentucky...

Thank you!

2. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No way to toggle just the GPS receiver. Maybe the factory forgot to attach the antenna cable. Mine has gotten lost (putting my present position many miles away from where it should be) twice in 5 months.

It eventually finds itself again.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There should be a setting in the Nav Settings where you set the region of the country that you are in. Find the region for DC and change the settings to this region.

4. Ryan in DC

Ryan in DC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately, I've looked everywhere for this setting and have not found it yet - is there anyone else that has found this setting for the Prius c?

5. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Try to put some address in your area and let the car to navigate you. We have a bunch of little towns around Houston, and sometimes I also forget to change the "City" thinking by default that I am in Houston; however, navi can't find the exact address unless I change the city as well in my destination. I am not saying that it will fix your problem, but it worth to try.