1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP- Need help installing front Wet Okole Covers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by auart, Oct 15, 2006.

1. auart

auart Junior Member

I bought a set of WET OKOLE covers for my 2006 Prius after seeing them FS on PriusChat!
    I have searched and can't find any of the old posts with pictures or a good idea of how to properly run the straps underneath the seats (FRONT Only).
    Also, when you first unhook the change catcher to install the seat backs , do you simply roll that up and keep it inside the Wet Okole Covers? It has to be folded up and tucked somewhere and I don't see any other way.
    Also, the wire that you can see after unhooking the change catcher, it seems to be exposed with the new covers on, and partially interferes with the seat bottom cover wrapping around the seat bottom??

I sure could use some tips on exactly how to run these straps, and does that side plastic thing(Cover) underneath the seat back adjuster pop off to make it a little easier?

HELP!!

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Straps for the front:

Start by shoving the back straps through the small break between the back and botton cushions. It'll eventually emerge out the bottom (you may have to poke a finger up there to meet it halfway). For the sides, you want to wrap snuggly around the cushion, going inside the plasstic trim, not around. FWIW, i didn't take the plastic trim off (didn't even look to take it off), just stuffed things through where they needed to go. it's a tight fit, but worth it. The straps all go straight across to their partner and tighten down (careful to line up the colors with the back of the seat when you do this).

What the change cacher you're talking about? I'm thinking it's the fabric that extends past the bottom of the seat back in the back, right? I considered rolling/folding it up so i could get the seat covers to secure to themselves, but i didn't really like how that looked. so instead i left those where they were and simply used the velcro on the back to attach the back of the cover to the seat back as low as it could go. The front tucks down between the cushions and hasn't come out.

3. Claudia

Claudia New Member

(careful to line up the colors with the back of the seat when you do this).

We put Wet Okole seat covers on the front seats a few days ago . . . husband couldn't get the colors to line up - the seat cover seems shifted about an inch to the right of the back cover . . .

I keep thinking that the colors should form a straight line from the top of the seat back to the bottom edge of the seat cushion.

Shouldn't they?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Claudia @ Oct 17 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]333932[/snapback]</div>
    Sure wish I could edit. . . but - when he put the covers on, he put on the seat cushions first and then the backs. Would it have made any difference to do it the other way around? I love the way these covers feel, but find it irritating that they look "off center" somehow.

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I spent a while adjusting mine when i first put them on - It's not terribly difficult to reach under the seat and unclip the straps. Leave the strap there (so you don't have to redo the whole thing again), and just tug the cover the way it needs to go. you can tug by the straps, but i fould it's easier to push a little material up on one side of the seat, then pull it across the top until it lines up, then tug it back under the seat. Make sure when you do this that you shift the front-back straps to the side a little bit as well. otherwise, they may pull it back out a little bit when you tighten it back up.