1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Need top ten US city Prius sales figures!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jaxhpfa, Jun 2, 2006.

1. jaxhpfa

jaxhpfa New Member

Hello fellow Proud Prius owners! !!!!!

I am looking for the top ten US cities in "per capita" Prius sales. I recently relocated to Bellingham, Washington and I see myself coming and going here ,this in comparison to where I lived before in the Southeast US, where seeing another Prius was rare.

Can anyone help me with some info to satisfy my craving?? I was doing a few Google searches, but came up with results that were not quite what I was looking for.

I would like the source where the info was found if possible. Thanks everyone!

2. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't know the info you want, but I'll make an educated guess that all 10 cities are on the west coast!

BTW if ANYONE knows the info, it would probably be Michelle Vadeboncoeur, who posts on the Yahoo groups or priusonline.com

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here's a recent thread about which states have the most hybrids, but I couldn't find anything on a city-by-city basis unfortunately. :)

4. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, I forgot that the Washington DC area has (or at least HAD) the most Prius per capita, even though California had the greatest total number of Prius. That's because they had grandfathered HOV access before California or Florida got it. Since production has increased so much in the last couple of years, I don't know if DC is still the per capita leader or not.

5. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Here is a thread with some Metro Area info. That doesn't get you to city limits though.

6. Subversive

Subversive New Member

If you are looking for cities with the most Prius sales (not ownership), then what you are probably looking for are the largest Prius dealerships. Manassas, VA, might be one....

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jaxhpfa @ Jun 2 2006, 10:49 AM) [snapback]264741[/snapback]</div>
    i feel your pain but the info will not be easy in coming. i have long contended that Olympia has the one of the highest if not the highest percentage of Prius owners. i have looked high and low and cannot find any specific information other than that there are way more Priuses here than what (that does not include the thousands of Priuses in Thurston County that are county, city or state fleet vehicles) most others on this forum report as seeing.

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I thought it had been confirmed that the town of Winters, CA has the highest per capita percentage of Priuses to residents? I thought that's what Jack had said at least... :)

Found the thread...