1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! New codes after ABS Acuator replacement P0AA6, C1246, B1421

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cjn486, Jan 13, 2024.

1. cjn486

cjn486 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Any help on the codes...
    Previously I posted the following thread:

--------------------------------

"A few months ago a bought a2005 Prius with 30K miles. Didnt know at the time but the ABS actuator was going out. Long story short.

Changed out the ABS actuator last week, tried bleeding the lines the non-techstream route. Was able to have bleed front brakes manual way and the actuator produced a good amount of bubbles out the back via nontechstream route. But couldnt clear codes, car wouldnt start and there was still air in the lines.

Thought I also had 12v battery issues so I bought a new 12v battery and got techstream up and running. did done the brake bleeding procedure process for removing the actuator yesterday thinking we got all the air out of the lines. Tried it twice... ( Still hear air in the actuator i think)

Cleared the remaining codes, car started. did a test drive to end of neighbhood road, brakes still not right, and rear brakes sound like they are enagged or rubbing, etc something off there.

Need help with following: Via the non-techstream route the actuator pumped a lot of fluid out the back brakes... via the techstream directions, when we get to the back brakes very little if any fluid come out... And the directions through techstream dont turn on the pumps for the rear brakes only the pump for the Front Left tire."

--------------------------------

Fastforward to recently.

Brakes seem to be functioning fine but soon after all of that ordeal I am consistently getting the Red ! Tringle and other lights on the dash. (Tried but couldnt figure out how to post picture)

Codes shown from techstream are:
    P0AA6, C1246, B1421

99% sure these codes were not present when I first was having the ABS lights indicting i needed a new actuator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It'd be better to reply to your current thread rather than a brand new one. Please post a link to that thread so we can reply there. As for the codes, fastest way is to go to Google and enter each of these as a separate search:

Priuschat P0AA6

Priuschat C1246

Priuschat B1421