1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help on installing Coastal's EV Mod Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mboileau, Mar 8, 2005.

1. mboileau

mboileau New Member

I've removed the Coastal version of the EV mode kit from my car and need to be prepared to re-install it in another Prius. For the life of me, I can't find the hardcopy instructions anywhere indicating the wire connections for their harness. I know which connector it is, and I know which pin I need to insert for the actual switch. I don't remember which pins to tap into on that connector for the remaining two wires, which I assume are power and ground for their PCB.

If anyone has their printed copy and can tell me the proper connections, I'd really appreciate it.

Mark
    [email protected]

2. bobc

bobc New Member

Hey Mark,

Here's the connections:

The white wire on the mod attaches to the white wire with the black stripe. As you look at the plug as it's plugged in, it's in the lower right corner.

The mod's purple wire connects to the purple wire in the harness. There's a couple of purple wires: It's the one that is in the center of the harness. As you look at the plug when it's plugged in, it's in the second vertical row from the right, 5 wires down.

The receptacle pin goes into the harness in the left most vertical row, second spot up from the bottom. Next to the red wire which is in the bottom spot.

Cheers,

-bob

3. mboileau

mboileau New Member

You're a life saver Bob!

Thanks,
    Mark

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

In case anyone is interested, pin 1 is ground, pin 13 is the cruise control combination switch, and of course, pin 27 is EV request.
    Interesting that the mod steals power from pin 13 as well as monitoring it.