1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help, PLEASE, with putting a picture in a message

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by marjflowers, Apr 3, 2006.

1. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi!

Okay, I'm as technologically sophistocated as my cat! I'm trying to get a picture into a message, and despite some help, I cannot do it. Anybody else willing to give me a hand?

2. jimnjo

jimnjo Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Apr 3 2006, 09:26 PM) [snapback]234443[/snapback]</div>

I just put one in by accident, trying to hook it to my signature line. In the File Attachments line, click Browse, then Add This Attachment. I worked for me (even though that is not what I was trying to do, really...)

Jim

3. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Apr 3 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]234443[/snapback]</div>
    Marj, it may not be you. I've sometimes replied and found the "File Attachments" option missing. When it does show up, like with this post, it should be below this edit field. First below it is "Post Options" then should come "File Attachments", then Post Icons at the bottom. I don't know why File Attachments doesn't always show up. Perhaps Danny can explain. However, if it does show up as noted, then click on the "Browse" button and locate the image you wish to attach on your computer. Select that file, then click on the "Open" button in the browse dialog. Then click on the "Add this Attachment" button to the right of the Browse button in the original Post editing page.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The key is that after you browse and identify the file (picture) to attach, you MUST click the [Add this Attachment] button. You are not submitting the reply, simply attaching the file. Then when you're returned to the editting page, you'll see the attachment listed and the [Browse] field is empty again so you can pick another one.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Quick question. Are you talking about adding a picture pulled from a site or one that was downloaded here and just posts a thumbnail (which enlarges when clicked)?

6. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Some browsers silently fail to handle the "multipart/form-data"
    form submission of "type=file" parameters. What might be a nice
    feature is a "go grab it from THIS url" mechanism, so people could
    place pix on personal web areas via conventional means and then
    tell IPB to grab its copy from there.
    _H*

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I personally think it's just as easy to upload it to someplace like ImageShack and use the [​IMG]

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ May 22 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]259109[/snapback]</div>