1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help: Question regarding battery terminals

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by treehggr, Feb 14, 2008.

1. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey everyone, quick question. I installed some aftermarket HID's in my 07 Prius this past week and I have concluded that I need to install a relay wiring harness to ensure the ballasts fire up right every time. Anyway the relay harness kit needs to connect directly to the positive and negitive terminals on the battery. Is it ok to connect these to the "jumper" posts under the hood? I'm hoping I don't have to run the wires all the way to the battery itself. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

2. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    I've one-touch window mods connected to that under-hood 12 volt "jumper" post you are talking about. fused at 30 amps a few inches from the actual connection. 12 gauge power wire running thru a firewall rubber grommet to the 2 DEI window mods over in passenger kick panel. So far so good. 2 years and many window operations. I'd say you're good up to 100 amps (fusable link of the 12 volt system). where that's located, I don't know.

3. treehggr

treehggr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Awesome thanks. Yeah this will be about a 30-35v relay so all is good I guess. I just didn't know if there were any issues with using the posts under the hood. Thanks for the help.