1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Re: Warranty rip-off

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by karynfab, Apr 24, 2005.

1. karynfab

karynfab New Member

Tomorrow I am going to finalize the deal of a new prius and I put a portion down on my credit card. I signed the paperwork but there still holding the car pending receipt of check for the remainder.

They are charging me $2100 for 7yr./75000 extended warranty. Obviously from reading this, its too much.

Question: Can I get out of it, even though I signed that agreement. What are my options? What is a good price for 7yr/75000 warranty or
    7yr./100,000.

Can I still get it through this forum? Thanks!!

-Karyn

2. bnlfanmatt

bnlfanmatt Member

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(karynfab\";p=\"83963)</div>
    Sounds as if the deal is not yet final.

Are you sure you can afford the car? Financing it on a credit card is quite expensive and not very wise.

You got this one right.

What is the source of the check? If it is not produced, the deal falls through. If I were you, I'd let them know that you know you are being ripped off by being charged way in excess of the MSRP for the extended warranty ($1,300 - New Vehicle Protection Plan Comparison - Click here) and threaten to report them to the BBB and the consumer protection unit of your local jurisdiction if they give you a hard time about canceling the extended protection contract. Troy sells that warranty for about $800-900 through this site (he charges $985 for the 7/100 zero deductible plan).

Most definitely so.