1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Removed modules, now they won’t fit in clamp...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HerbMPG, Oct 2, 2018.

1. HerbMPG

HerbMPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I’ve been discharging and charging 10 days. Today, I removed the modules from the clamp to replace 22 and 24 (28 being closest to the electronics, etc). Also lining them up to connect in parallel for final balance. Also lining them up Now they won’t all fit! If I could remove the bolt that holds the end clamp, I could fit them and tighten it down. My attempts to do so have failed...
    Is this because they’re in parallel?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try assembling the pack vertically, start with an end cap, finishing with an end cap, torque down the end caps, then place the HV battery horizontally onto the metal frame and secure with the two nuts at opposite ends.

Raytheeagle and HerbMPG like this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    @Cody26 was having a similar problem putting them back together yesterday... His was the plastic end caps being backwards. If you keep at it you'll figure it out. Unless of course you charged the modules when the were not bolted together, which can cause the metal sides of the modules to bulge out and that means you just cost yourself a lot of money.

4. HerbMPG

HerbMPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That did it! Now I’m cycling thes two replacements and two others, and it’s balancing time! Thank you.