1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help removing trim pieces.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Takaaaa, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Takaaaa

Takaaaa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm trying to install my Alpine double din but I'm having trouble taking off the vent trim and others pieces to get to the stock radio.
    I looked at the guide on the metra site but couldn't even get the drivers vent off (I don't want to break any tabs or anything) could anyone help me?

Also dumb question but where is the 12v battery? I always like to disconnect the negative before installing anything electrical. I was like looking in and under the trunk and around in the engine bay but can't find it. Lol

thanks

2. Takaaaa

Takaaaa New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok I found a much better details guide with colored pictures. But I still can't get the drivers side vent trim off. I put a thin metal piece to try and pull it out by pushing down then out. But all I'm doing to destroying my trim piece. Anyone have problems like this?

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Regarding the trim that is over the air conditioner outlets: you just need to grab the top and bottom with your two hands, and pull the trim out horizontally. No need to push down.

In case you didn't find the 12V battery yet, it is located in the hatch, right rear corner under the triangle-shaped hatch floor piece.

4. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, you need to push down on the top part while pulling toward you in order to free it.
    Then sorta keep pulling toward you, and you should eventually pull the piece out.

Here are some pictures of the clips that hold the vent trim on:

upper piece:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lower clips:
    [​IMG]