1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help--Sigma EV button install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Prius2k6, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Prius2k6

Prius2k6 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was moving right along using the information found on several sites to install my EV mode button but when I got to the ECU, I have run into a snag.

I am using the bottom gray connector on the ECU to the far right, when I look at pin 27, there is already a light blue wire in place that is of the same gauge as the other existing wires. I have not found any evidence of a previous switch install as this is going into a slightly used (18k miles) 2006.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bet you'll find there was a prior EV button mod of some sort. Check to see if there is a version of the Coastaletech.com EV mod that uses the cruise control stalk to activate. It'll look something like....
    [​IMG]

Can you follow the wire?

If not, do the following:
    1) Make 100% sure you've got the right spot...double check the pictures and make absolutely certain.
    2) cut and splice onto the existing wire...it'll be troublesome to remove the pin.

3. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just make sure you're following these instructions and looking at the right pin. I followed these instructions and it works great. It looks like it's 2nd from the bottom with a red wire below it, I do see a light blue wire 2nd down from the top, you may just be looking at the wrong pin.
    http://www.calcars.org/prius-evbutton-install.pdf