1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help / Strange Request

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by btsavage, Nov 2, 2009.

1. btsavage

btsavage New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You know the air-duct that is underneath the driver's seat? I lost a large number of game pieces into that duct. Now, every time I turn sharply I hear the pieces sliding back and forth...

I really want to retrieve them so that I can continue playing. (The game is Go in case you were interested, and I lost the stones...).

I don't have a lot of money to spare. Is there a way I can easily open up this duct without damaging my car / spending money?

Thanks!

2. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What about a modded vacuum hose on like a shop-vac? I had some douchebag break my window and I had to go that route to get at the glass fragments.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Shop Vac with a small nozzle to fit into the duct. You can buy a special set meant for vacuuming inside electronic enclosures (computers) or you can make your own if you are clever...

4. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In situations like this, I have used smaller plastic tubing (whatever size works best), sealed with duct tape on the larger vacuum hose. It will fit into the small air-duct.

I used this method once to remove pistachio nuts someone had spilled into a defroster duct.