1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Trying to reinstall brake lines onto new ABS Actuator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Claymore12, Oct 6, 2024 at 3:42 PM.

1. Claymore12

Claymore12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello everyone, Yesterday I got to work on removing and installing a new ABS actuator since the one I've had since buying the car a couple of weeks ago went bad. I've installed the new actuator on the mounting bolts and reattached all of the coolant hoses, but I'm struggling to get the brake lines straight and screwed in. I'm having the most trouble with getting the brake line that attaches to the top of the actuator in. Any tips?

Thank you.

2. Claymore12

Claymore12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Update:

I was able to get all the brake lines installed. For the top one, it's best to line it up ad best you can then take a flathead screwdriver and push the brake line further down to the left or right to shift it straight on.

If you have trouble with the brake lines in the front, I'd recommend just pulling them out of the mounting clip they're all connected to. It will give you much more play to get the line in without crossthreading.

3. saneesh8

saneesh8 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I had the same. Hard time installing the top one. Spend 5 times more than others.

4. Claymore12

Claymore12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yeah. Plus, basically none of the guides online mention the reinstallation process. I had to phone a friend to figure mine out.