1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP: Vanity lights not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CaptainPicard, Jul 7, 2013.

1. CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently bought my 2005 Prius. My only issue thus far is the vanity lights aren't working. (Those are the lights that are exposed when you flip down the visor on either the passenger or driver side. They have a on/off slide switch and a 42mm bulb.) The bulbs were burned out, but I am not getting any voltage from either light on my multimeter. Turning the car on makes no difference. I suspected a blown fuse, but I've already checked the likely culprits and all of them have been fine.

Has anyone had this issue before that could provide some insight? Thanks in advance!

2. pjc

pjc Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    The switch needs to be in the ON position AND you have to flip open the mirror. Check that.

CaptainPicard likes this.
  3. CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Huzzah! Silly me not assuming the light wouldn't work unless the mirror was ALL the way exposed...

Many thanks pjc!

4. Bofronado

Bofronado New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, thanks. I did a the steps of the OP. Guess I should read the manual some time....