1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help w/ front end mask install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TonyMS, Jun 22, 2005.

1. TonyMS

TonyMS Junior Member

I got the thing in today and was installing it had no problem with anything except getting the little flaps that go under the side of the headlights in place. The ones for the front of the headlights slide under no problem but the side ones will not. I must be doing something wrong the instructions don't say anything special. It is like the fit between the side of the headlight and fenders is too tight. Anybody else run into this please help.

Tony

2. ambrothe

ambrothe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had the same problem when I first tried to install my mask, but since I've figured it out I've had no troubles at all. The trick is to thread what will be the top corner of the flap in beside the bottom of the headlight fixture, then simply slide the rest of it on up the side of the light. The first time you do it, it will be pretty tight, but after that it's easier to slide in and out when you need to clean underneath. After all, you need it to be tight to hold everything in place, but its simple once you get it once.