1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help w/ List of Mechanic Recommended Repairs (& Prices)

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by legoadan, Aug 9, 2022.

1. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hello,

Toyota Mechanics recommended the below repairs. I am wondering how I should prioritize these and if these prices are crazy. I know that the Toyota Shops charge more for everything, but I'd like to know roughly by how much; or, if the repair is not an important repair and can be done elsewhere. Any help is appreciated.

Prius is a C2, 2014. Primarily commuter miles. Never used as a taxi or Uber. I've been taking it to the Toyota shop for almost all repairs.

Money is a little tight right now, but I do want to keep this car for a looooong time. Want to know which repairs to prioritize, and which to wait or do at an offbrand mechanic. None of the repairs were "red", only "yellow" recommended category. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    In order, what I'd say would be fair:

1. $125
    2. $125
    3. $100
    4. $150
    5. $110
    6. no clue what that is, skip it

FWIW, the Toyota USA Warranty and Maintenance Booklet, sets:

First engine coolant change at 100k miles or 10 years
    First inverter coolant change at 150k miles or 15 years

Assuming neither has been previously done, it's not a bad time to both. Again FWIW, Toyota Canada recommends to do BOTH at the 100k miles or 10 year interval.

Also, Toyota USA makes no brake fluid change recommendation. Toyota Canada on the hand says tri-yearly or 30k miles (48k kms).

#2 Mendel Leisk, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    bisco likes this.
  3. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you for the detailed response!! I really appreciate it. I'll have to double-check my past work orders to make sure those coolants were done.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    does't look horrible for a dealer, except for the cooling fan and sparks. any mech can do most of it. brakes can be a little tricky

legoadan likes this.