1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HELP! Where is the joystick port located?!?!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rwithop, Dec 3, 2004.

1. rwithop

rwithop New Member

Help!

Does anyone know where to plug the joystick in?

2. flyingprius

flyingprius New Member

Ha!
    Its funny because I think of the Prius as a spaceship or a jet, and interestingly enough the Airbus 320 has a "joystick" in the cockpit instead of a yoke... I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota tried that in one of their cars...

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wow, that's funny.
    So just to continue confusing those who don't fully understand the Prius, we can mount the joystick, dangle an electrical plug from the front bumper "tow circle", and mount an electrical outlet by the rear license plate.

Yep, that should confuse the heck out of just about anyone.

[Edit]
    And I found this from just a year ago:
    http://www.motortrend.com/features/consume...ure/index1.html
    [img=right:407af081b9]http://motortrend.com/features/consumer/112_0403_future002_l.jpg[/IMG]

4. prius04

prius04 New Member

I already have the plug near my plate.

Check out the avatar.

(It's a dummy that is stuck on by a magnet.)

5. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There was an article in a trade journal 20-30 years showing a concept car that had two joysticks and no steering wheel. Looking back, it was similar to the current Airbus cockpit, only much less cluttered. The sticks were used for steering. The standard throttle and brake pedals were still located on the floor for normal use. But if both sticks were pulled back simultaneously, the car would go into emergency braking.

The concept was that having no steering column would eliminate chest injuries during front end collisions. This was way before airbags were installed. Obviously, this concept never caught on. Like someone said earlier, training the general public would be the most difficult part.

6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a great idea.. well.. i was going to photo shop it.. but.. it didn't look good. Basically.. where the plug in the front is.. put in a single plug in. take out the cap and have a plug there. It would look real. Or.. have a little set up so that it looks like an extension cord plug is hanging out of it. If you really want to.. you could put in a little sign " if out of gas, plug in " " 500 foot extension next to spair " hehehe