1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Wireless FOB stopped working!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by YoDaddyAlex, Oct 14, 2007.

1. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Both my wireless FOB devices have stopped working. My car no longer senses the wireless FOB and I have to use the buttons to lock and unlock the car, and put the FOB in the holder to start it. Why did this happen? It started after taking it to the car wash, did they de-activate something?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(YodaddyAlex @ Oct 14 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]525550[/snapback]</div>
    Did you check the button under the steering wheel. The left one? Maybe they pushed it and turned your smart key system off.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yeah I second okie's suggestion and double check the button underneath the steering wheel.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i'll third that suggestion :)

5. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    thanks. Sorry I panicked because I figured it was more electric gremlins from the big accident i was in when I first got my car. Anyway, like a genius I just had to read the manual and noticed that button a little later that night. Thanks everyone. That was it.