1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

help with 2002 Classic sale price

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by ashleyclark, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ashleyclark

ashleyclark Junior Member

Hi y'all! My 2002 Classic has both the above lights on. I've got some folks calling about buying it and I've no clue how high the repairs could run. I know there's hardly any info to go on but maybe y'all can give me a super rough repair estimate or fair sales price. FWIW KBB.com estimated $2600 sales value, I listed it on Craigslist for $2900 guessing for about $5K total they could have a running car.

I'm trying to connect with a guy to borrow his code reader so I don't have to drive the car to a mechanic. Any rough repair estimate? $1K, $-3K, worse? I replaced the hybrid battery about a year ago. The only problem I knew about prior to the red triangle was a bad fuel/air mix. Sorry i don't know more now. Hopefully I can read some codes and post more. I've also posted in the Gen I discussion forum. Really appreciate your guidance.
    Ashley

2. Skunkworks

Skunkworks Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You need to ask this question in the proper part of the forum...

3. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    What's an "Above" light?

I would suggest you fix it first and sell it second. If you ask them to buy a mysterious problem you won't get much for it - they can't assume it's a running car.

Based on this post I don't even understand the problem, let alone what is involved in fixing it.

Cross posting is frowned upon. The Gen I forum is the place for this.