1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sundew, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Sundew

Sundew New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I purchased a 2005 Prieus from a neighbor last year. It had 38500 miles and he owns Solar business so I thought that it was great car for a great price. Well, after getting stuck 3 times because 12v died, I called him. He claimed battery was brand new..lol..not..so I had to replace battery . Now I have 2 new issues...

NO dashboard lights
    Car won't turn off

I ran Vin through Toyota to see if any recalls, but came back with nothing. My sister was helping and did find recall letter that someone posted about theze issues but she forgot to save it. Ugh..

Does anyone know anything about this? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks so much y'all.

SM-G900V ?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The combination meter has failed. There was a 9 year extended warranty on it but you are not pass that timeframe. Since the car has only 38500 miles, maybe if you call Toyota corporate, they'll make an exception and fix that for you.

Sundew likes this.
  3. Sundew

Sundew New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks so much for the help and for replying. Have a great day

SM-G900V ?