1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with Accessories decisions

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by calbear, Feb 27, 2012.

1. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    PiP is already at the port... should get later this week. Now to a few decisions; would love some guidance/thoughts on this.

** All Weather Floormats: Husky, WeatherTech, or OEM 2012 Prius (non PiP b/c I don't need the logo)

** Rear Bumper: Black OEM Protector or Clear Applique (note car is Silver)
    (Is the solid plastic one too small as one person commented in the store - doesn't go down the back of the bumper enough?)

** Mud guards: Looks like I should pick the US ones since this car will never go off roads/highways... agree?

** Shark Fin: Should I? [​IMG]

2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    From what I've read on here, most people seem happier with Husky over WeatherTech (some even claim to have switched). I don't really need all weather mats where I live. I just didn't want carpeted mats (hate them when they get worn at the gas pedal area). Now knowing the PiP all weather mats are different (plug-in wording?), I would probably go for that if I didn't already get Huskys. But again, from what I've read, the Toyota mats and the WTs don't seem to actually do that great of a job keeping the water, mud, etc on the mat itself.

I went with the clear rear bumper applique. Im not trying to show off that I have a bumper projector. I just want the protection. So I wouldn't get the black one (and my winter gray is much darker than silver).

Mud guards, I think I'd get the US ones. Although I have to say I haven't really seen a good enough picture to really tell any major difference between the two. But again, I don't think I really need them where I live. They just kind of complete the look for me. I haven't ordered any yet, but may soon.

Shark fin: yes, ordered from PC store here. The stock antenna reminds me of radio controlled car (like the Minis)

3. calbear

calbear Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for your thoughts. I just looked at the Husky website, and they don't show any floor mats for the 2012 Prius, though they do for the 2011. Assume that's the same fit?

They show a 2012 cargo liner, but I understand we may want a Plug-in-specific cargo liner given the area may be different than a standard '12 Prius...

4. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There was someone in the Accessories forum who bought the 2011 mats for a 2012 and said there was no issue except for the anchor/hooks. But since the Huskys don't use the hooks, it shouldn't be an problem. However, if you can hold off for a bit until I put mine in, I'll give you my final word on it (with pictures).

For the cargo mat, I was going to go with the Toyota one. I never intended for the cargo mat to hold liquids (also keeping in mind I've never owned a car that needed a cargo mat in the first place) so the Toyota one would be fine for me. I think the Toyota one is also cheapest. And yes, since Paradox said there would be a PiP specific one, I'm sold on the Toyota.

My friend has the WeatherTech cargo mat and it fits really nice. I didn't research the Huskys too much for the cargo mat, but I think I remember that it was taller (so better liquid retention).

5. Piprius

Piprius Member of the cult of Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Any idea when these might be offered at the Priuschat store?

6. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just noticed there are a few eBay listings explicitly stating they are for the 2012 PiP.

Here's the carpeted floor mats for the PiP with the "Prius/Plug-In Hybrid" wording (I'm not suggesting this is a good deal or to buy here, just pointing it out for those that haven't seen the PiP specific floor mats):

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

This listing mentions that the carpeted cargo mat has the "Prius Plug-In" wording, but the image in his eBay listing doesnt appear to show that. In fact, it looks like he used a Prius cargo mat image and just photoshopped it so you cant see the "prius" wording:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

There's also another listing for a carpeted cargo mat, but he claims to be the same part number for both the Prius Hybrid and the PiP (which doesnt appear to be true.. yes, it may fit, but the PiP should have its own specific cargo mat).