1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with Aux-Box

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hawkjm73, Dec 30, 2005.

1. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Having recently aquired an aux-box, I plugged it in today. It works, sort of. When the car is powered off when the CD-changer is active and then powered back on, the cd-changer plays and can switch disks normaly. If the CD-changer was not active at shut-down, or if I switch modes, the cd-button plays only the input from the aux-box. I'm pretty sure multiple presses on the cd-button should cycle between the changer and the aux-box. This can be repeated through as many power cycles as I care to do.

I am using the AB-TOY and AB-TOYT cables. The male end of the T cable fit in the socket just to the drivers side of the cable nearest the passenger side. I've been working through the vent and glove box, with the radio in place. The cable required quite a lot of force, but I am sure I got it properly seated.I found nowhere for the matching female end to go. I unplugged no cables from the radio.

My Prius is an '05 with navigation and JBL radio w/ integrated 6-disk changer.

Anybody got an idea what I can do to get it to cooperate?

2. BobR

BobR Member

The Aux-Box emulates a CD changer. The 04/05 Prius can only have one CD Changer, there is no workaround. The only device that will work for a 04/05 Prius with a changer is from Vais because it can emulate an MD changer that our radio understands.
    http://www.vaistech.com

3. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Big sigh...that's what I didn't want to, but expected to hear. Oh, well. I can live with the behavior for now, untill I have the funds for a vais. Still beats the daylights out of a modulator of either kind.

4. BobR

BobR Member

The Aux-Box is the same type of device as the iPod2Car. Do a search on here for more discussion on it.
    The other end of the cable is for an additional device, i.e. XM Radio or external changer. You will not be able to add an additional device to Aux-Box.
    As far as I know, the Vais is the only iPod/Aux interface that allows for an additional device.

Bob