1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help With Coastaletech Hitch Instructions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by LOLGuy, Jan 14, 2006.

1. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Went to install my Coastaletech hitch on the Prius today and noticed that the last two lines on page 1 of the instructions were cut off. Can anyone shed light on what they say.

I figured I'd have better luck here than trying to contact them. Thanks!!

2. joelparks

joelparks New Member

Wish I could help you but I bought my hitch from eTrailer before I knew that Coastal had one. I would have bought it from Coastal because I like supporting small businesses that are trying to carve their own niche.
    Having said that, the eTrailer hitch instructions weren't much use. Plus the thing arrived bent so that I had to wedge one of the side flanges (where the bolts go through) in the Y of a tree in the backyard and yaw on it so all the holes would line up with the threaded holes in the chassis (OK Unibody) where the shipping tie-downs came off.
    Having said that, if I were you I'd call Coastal. I've heard they've got some new customer support help (no not the 2-year old on the website).
    Good luck. What are you planning to tow? Or are you just mounting a bike rack or ski rack?

3. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks. Just looking to tow bikes. I'll try to give them a call tomorrow.

4. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

What are the words before and after the cut off portion? Maybe we can fill in the blanks from memory. I no longer have my instructions.

5. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I should have 'em in my file at home. Will post tomorrow.

rpm

6. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Here you go, last 3 lines:
    "the unit in place. To remove them, simply place a screwdriver blade under the center insert and lift it out slightly. Then pull the entire clip out of the hole. Remove the bolt, screw, and two clips from the plastic cover. See Fig 1."
    (Page 2 begins with Step 4.)
    I would be happy to fax the inst. to you if necessary.
    rpm

7. newts

newts New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Does anyone have the instructions for this hitch they can send me? I took it off when I sold my Prius and trying to re-install on someone else's Prius and they say a major part is missing.
    Thanks for any help!