1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with Cruise Control Button

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tul106, Jul 12, 2011.

1. tul106

tul106 New Member

I got my oil changed the other day and just today saw that the on/off button on the cruise control was half way off. While driving, I tried to push it back in, but after doing so the cruise control light was not turning on. I decided to go home and fix it myself, but when pulling the button out, I noticed that there was a metal piece that came out as well along with a spring in the cruise control knob. Does anybody know how this piece is supposed to fit in or how to fix the button? This is for a 2007 Prius.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You'll probably need to replace the entire cruise control switch which will require removing the steering wheel hub (which contains the driver's side airbag) first.

3. tul106

tul106 New Member

wow just for a button? that's crazy! it's interesting because I thought I had the three hooked metal piece in correct, but the light is not turning on. I hope it doesn't cost a fortune to fix :(