1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with Driver's Seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Spanish Johnny, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Spanish Johnny

Spanish Johnny New Member

Hi y'all...
    Great site.

I'm considering getting a 2006 Prius, but the darn driver seat doesn't go back far enough, and doesn't go low enough. I'm sure this has been discussed in here before, but I couldn't find any info. I'm 6ft, and sitting in teh Prius just seems uncomfortable and ackward. Is there any way to make the seat lower? Farther back? Put in a different seat? Anyone in here have any solutions? Please help.

I'd like to get the Prius, but I sat in a 2006 Civic and it seems much more comfortable and adjustable.

I need to order one of these cars soon, and the seat is the only "red flag" I have with the Prius.

Thanks in advance!

[email protected]

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 6ft and I fit fine. Hmm, try moving the seat bottom forward and reclining it a notch or two from upright.

3. PriusDreamer

PriusDreamer Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm 6'3" and have plenty room. I do not understand why you would need the seat lower. You could not possibly be hitting the headliner. In any event, I do not see why you would move the seat forward as previously recommended. I would try reclining the seat slightly and tilt the steering wheel accordingly. You should have plenty of leg and head room. Now if your problem is related to seeing stop lights when stopped at them, you may have to duck as the windshield may block your vision slightly for objects high up.
    I hope this helps.