1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with Hybrid Assistant

Discussion in 'OBDII Android App' started by sylvaing, Nov 11, 2023.

1. sylvaing

sylvaing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The other day, I turned on a setting called something like"Disable Android objects", which ended up removing the Connect/Disconnect button and the Settings gear button. I can't figure out how to bring them back. I tried all gestures and pressed/hold everywhere on screen but can't get these to reappear. Anybody knows what's going on? Thanks.

2. sylvaing

sylvaing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In case someone get stucked like I did, I contacted them through Facebook and they replied the same day :) I rotated the screen sideway and the gear icon reappeared, allowing me to turn off the "Immersive mode".

3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Hey Sylvaing, can you help me out with Hybrid Reporters graphs? My question is if and which graphs get data points when the Prime is driven exclusively in EV mode. I ask because when I render a report taken from EV mode only trip, I'm not getting any graphs populated, but when I render an report from an HV mode trip, all ( except 2 ) graphs are populated.

4. sylvaing

sylvaing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    @vvillovv,

You mean you don't see something like this?

Screenshot_20240710-125935.png

5. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Yeah, when I looked at the report on my phone I didn't see any data in any of the graphs. I'll have to regenerate the trip and attach. I think it's probably my cheap ole ELM 327 adapter.

odb2.jpg

Above is from a report when the engine ran at least some of the time as I was switching between EV and HV

6. sylvaing

sylvaing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Could be. Mine is a vLinker MC+ which is as fast as a OBDLink LX and about half the price. I have a OBDLink in my Model 3 and I can't see any difference between that and the vLinker in the Prius. It also refreshes as fast as the OBDLink.

7. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm still not sure exactly why, I'm now thinking that I tried to generate the report twice right after the trip while the car was still in Ready mode and non of the graphs populated either time. I just ran the report generation again for the same trip and this time all the graphs populated.
    I'm still trying to figure out the ins and outs of the reports, but at least one bit of confusion is lessened.

I'm figuring out how to split out each of the Indexed section of the html code. Than run each section through a html to webp online converter which converts the html to around an 8k webp image that I can crop than convert in the gimp to jpeg file. that 8k webp file size is almost 4x smaller than the cropped jpeg file size tirms out to be with the jpeg being only full HD.

Once I get the entire process down cold. I'll post a full report in the odb2 apps section of the forum.

Learning as I go, like this command I learned 2 days ago that saves me at least an hour or more of digging through the code to find the line numbers of where each Indexed section of the Report file begins and each reports data makes those line numbers different.

I copied the Report_2024-xx-xx-xx.html file to backup or actually my working file named ro , in case I miss key and or lose stuff. Than I run - grep -n - on the - ro - file looking for the html tag - <h3> - which is the line each Indexed section starts on.

grep -n "<h3>" ro

grep-line-numbers.jpg

It would be a lot more fun for me if the forum supported .webp file format. But one last step in a long slightly painful process never was a game breaker for me.

#7 vvillovv, Jul 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024