1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help With Incoming Calls with iPhone and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rboccio, Feb 11, 2011.

1. rboccio

rboccio New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all,

I recently got an iPhone and am trying to figure out how to do something with my Nav.

I used to have a Moto Droid and when a call came in the voice would automatically go through Bluetooth and the car audio. With the iPhone, it rings in the car, but when I answer it it defaults to the phone itself and not the car. I have to then click PRIUS on the phone to get it to go through the car audio. Is there anyway that this can be done by default?

Thanks!

2. Psherman82

Psherman82 RackNRoad

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You have to answer the call with the button on the steering wheel in order for the call to go directly to the Bluetooth.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    as psherman said...

any time you use your phone directly to call or answer, it will act a little funny.. on answer it goes to your phone. on call it lags and doesn't connect in any way till you have the other person saying "hello" a few times. at that poing you have to act like you were distracted.. or tell them you're bluetooth sucks... (only because i'm too lazy to transfer my address book)...

if you transfer your address book, you can call directly from the car and it works very well. (i went into the setup menu and changed incoming and outgoing volumes... i THINK... u can do it on a gen3 but not sure... or even need to, idk)

on my Gen2.. i use the 3.5mm to tape-in adaptor and run my music through the headset out on the phone. everything works well. if i use the phone directly, it goes to headset.. which doesn't work at all... so... use steering wheel controls.