1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with P0A85

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by OmaramO, Nov 3, 2018.

1. OmaramO

OmaramO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hey everyone, so a couple of months ago I had this code pop up and at the time I was swamped with work and didn’t have the time to figure it out so I parked the car. A few weeks ago I changed the fan and relay and started driving the car again and it seemed fine. Today I was going on a drive and the triangle came on. Luckily I had my laptop with techstream on it with me so I plugged it in and it came back with the same p0A85 code. I tried to run a test on the fan from techstream and it wouldn’t run the test just kept popping up saying make sure all requirements are met before running the test. I checked the under hood 10A fuse and it looked good. I couldn’t get the code to go away and the second I would erase it the code would pop back on. Luckily I got the car back home. When I was at my house I disconnected the 12v and pulled the blower motor controller from one of my other cars to see if that was the issue. It seemed to work the car was running and no check engine lights. I turned on techstream and I could get the fan to run with the test program. I thought I was in the clear. Three miles down the road and the same code popped back on. I attached the freeze frame. Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    p0A85 - Google Search
    Third link from the search shows a PDF of the code and trouble shooting procedure.
    Follow the trouble shooting steps.​

OmaramO and 05PreeUs like this.
  3. OmaramO

OmaramO Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Finally traced down the problem. Thank you for your help

Attached Files:

Raytheeagle likes this.