1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) side-effects of a collision :-(

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tfurnivall, Mar 12, 2016.

1. tfurnivall

tfurnivall New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

My 2015 Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) was recently involved in a side-swipe collision. My left side was severely damaged (the other guy's right-side was damaged). The body work was completed beautifully (Thanks Overseas Auto Body, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY), but we've noticed a couple of side-effects. I assume they were consequential to the accident because prior to that event there was no problem.

First - the low tire-pressure idiot light is on. The tires were checked by the body shop and were reported as being within spec (one was slightly over-pressure). However, the light remains, stubbornly, on.

Second, the FM and Satellite radios are sounding shoddy. The stereo component of the FM signal keeps coming in and out. All four speakers are working fine - I can pan the mono-signal around all corners, and they are all working. However, every so often the stereo signal pops back - and the sound is as I remember it. Unfortunately, every (other) so often, the stereo signal drops out, and I'm left with a mono-only sound. The Sirius satellite radio also loses its signal a lot more frequently than before.

The one thing that I can think of that connects all of these phenomena is that they are possible wiring issues: The tire rotation sensors (which is how, I believe, the low-pressure warning is generated) are connected by a wire to the display lamp in the dash; the antenna connection - if it is loose - can produce exactly the loss of the stereo sub-channel or the loss of a satellite system signal.

A body shop is not going to be the best place to remedy these symptoms. Any ideas on:

1) Is my diagnosis reasonable? Are there any commonalities with wiring routing on the left hand side of the vehicle for these signals? Is the a magical single common point for these signal;s? Even worse - are there other, associated wiring routes that do not produce any visible or audible signals. but still have a vital function to the operation of the car?

2) Where is the best place to get this set of symptoms remedied - at the lowest possible cost?

Thanks in advance,

Tony (new Prius owner, and loving it!)

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. tfurnivall

tfurnivall New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks, RJ. I'll see what I can get out of the insurance company. I've already paid the deductible - so there should be no problem.

Tony

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and good luck!