1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

help with puchase!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sofiafamily, Nov 20, 2006.

1. sofiafamily

sofiafamily New Member

Ok, i have the car with me home on demo. The dealer says they are selling like crazy so he can't go below msrp. I don't know if I should belive this - I live in the Tacoma WA area and they are very popular here. Also, when you bought your prius - what all came with it? I just want to make sure these guys aren't going to take advantage of me. My husband has never bought a car before so I'm kinda alone in this puchase. Thanks for all the help. Oh yeah, the car is 2007 seaside with #3 package for $25,692

Attached Files:

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) GREAT COLOR... Love the Seaside...

That price sounds like MSRP. If you want to confirm that, log on to www.Toyota.com and click on "Build and Price your Toyota" where you can check. That sounds like the right price for MSRP.

I take it that your dealer did not have several Prius on his lot. In North Texas, dealers have from 5 to 10 Prius immediately available and are making some 'deals' by discounting MSRP a little. In my case, I was able to get a discount plus a very generous trade on my '04 Prius on a Touring Edition with 'all the bells and whitslte.'

It's true that most U.S. dealers insisted on MSRP and many added 'market adjustment' to that until the arrival of the 2007's. Seems Toyota basically caught up with the Prius demand. Prius salesmen in your area may still have fewer Prius than the demand.

ENJOY YOUR NEW PRIUS...