1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with some seats!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusHead05, Nov 22, 2022.

1. PriusHead05

PriusHead05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I know this has been discussed, but it seems like it never got anywhere. I am looking at upgrading my seats in my 2012 Prius 2. It currently has manual seats with aftermarket leather and heating elements. I know the Prius, Prius V, CT 200H seats fit and bolt right in. I know there have been folks that say some have installed Camry seats or Avalon seats, but I can't see to find it. I know the frames probably won't fit, but how hard would it be to get it to fit? I drive about an hour one way almost every day and the seat starts to bother me if I go any longer than that. The leather is also hard, cracking, and ripping, so I want to replace it anyway. I understand I will have to do some wiring. I'm not afraid of that. I actually like wiring. I have seen the Clazzio seat covers but don't want to spend $600+ on seat covers. The back seats are fine. It's mainly only the driver's side, as that what gets used 99% of the time. Would it be possible to get some Toyota or Lexus seats and swap the frames on them?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Frames are a pain to swap out I mean I haven't started to fool with the Gen 3 seats yet but I've done it in Corollas and other cars and I have successfully swapped out some frames but it's not something you want to be doing nowadays it's easier to weld tabs or modify tabs that are already existing and get the seat in the vehicle whether it's electric or not is usually quite irrelevant. At least in my scope of this modding and swapping it has been that way. If you carefully unzip or undo the hog rings on all of the covering material over the phone's the stuff you sit on and pull that off the seat and then remove the foams and then you're sitting there with two frames and once you get to looking real good how the side adjuster and hinge are connected to the seat frame You're going to see things that you don't like and are going to get real hard to swap unless. You have a welder and gas or you can undo some welts I guess you could grind those and what have you The seats are not made modular on purpose but you can do that with them by cutting and making some welds but it's a real pain. I would just look for some soft texts leather looking seats that go in like a 2013 persona I think there's a few colors they seem to do real well if you can just keep people from playing with the edges of the sea might have had weight people even some dogs and they really haven't taken a beating of course I bitched about the dogs but whatever but the seats seem to be doing well try to find some of those I believe that's probably what's in CT200h they don't use leather anymore it's I think sof tex

3. tallprius

tallprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells
    The drivers seat of a ct200h is almost a bolt in job with two issues. I think they are Softex/Nulux Toyota material.
    1.. some new power wires will be needed for the extra functions (just study the seat wiring diagrams I found on Prius Chat).
    2.. the ct200h seats are 1 inch or more LOWER than your Prius seat and it will rub on NAV or AMP or other gizmo mounted on floor under your Prius drivers seat now.
    Solution to the low seat height is to first lower gizmo mounted under seat (on the drivers floor) and adjust the seat into fully UP position.

I put my Prius drivers seat in storage am loving the Lexus seat. So I have a pristine drivers seat in storage.

My Lexus into Prius passengers seat swap was more complicated and was probably not worth the time and the $$. But I did it.

Coots and mollymudpie like this.
  4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Just go to a junkyard and get a better condition factory seat. Then use a lumbar pillow for the lower back.

mollymudpie and Tombukt2 like this.
  5. tallprius

tallprius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Premium w/ Solar Cells
    Last week I saw at pick and pull junkyard a gen 3 prius 2010-11 solar package that had leather heated leather seats with only electric lumbar support. They had no electric forward/back or electric tilt. That would be easier swap to do !

6. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Any seed out of a Gen 3 will go right into a Gen 3 matter of fact I would be willing to bet that most of the plugs are probably hanging down there for the fully electric solar roof JBL interior Max Prius or what have you If not they can easily be put there cut them out of the car that you're taking the seat out of get the plugs on the frame side of the car or chassis side of the car cut them there so you have the both ends of the plug and a few inches of wire of each should be no problem it's when you get into a car that uses different floorboards and mount points like say maybe a Corolla it'll be just different enough A Camry would be out of the question more or less unless you're willing to make up some bracketry which is just steel to make them fit aftermarket seats have come down so much in price like in the area of 279 a pop for reclining front buckets made in a material similar to the soff or tuff tex. So there's always that look carefully and shop hard