1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help with VAIS AIC-100i install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hdrygas, Oct 11, 2005.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I went to install the device and the Y adapter cable that goes into the back of the stereo unit is about 3/4 inch wide and the pug and socket on the stereo appears to be about twice as wide. The VAIS folks are gone for the week so I get no help there. For those that installed on the 04 with Nav do I have the right plug from the back stereo or did I get the wrong part?

2. Armature

Armature New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The instructions that come with the AIC are misleading. You don't unplug anything from the radio. The smaller AIC plug (the female one, referring to the pins and not the plastic) goes into the empty socket next to the larger one that's in use. The male portion of the Y isn't used now, but can be used to connect other equipment like an XM radio later.

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Words fail me. Thanks for the information. I will take it apart and put it back together again! :angry:

4. dlskier

dlskier Junior Member

I'd recommend testing it while it's still apart